Coming from a FoxPro background, I never did much with arrays because FoxPro was so fast I could do everything in a database.
Recently I needed a way to understand what was in an array, so I wrote the following routines to further my knowledge of arrays.
I have an outdoor light on my garage.
The sensor had gone out and it was the perfect excuse for trying something new as I have been wanting to do some home automation on a very limited budget.
At $17.21 delivered via Amazon, that fit my criteria.
Looking at this, I thought, black wire to the L and white wire to the N and both output wires go to the light and we’re good to go.
After digging some on various websites, I found out that it doesn’t work that way.
This shows how it actually needs to be hooked up and I found that drawing here:
This is how you would wire it if you wanted to add a switch to the circuit.
Now that I understood how to wire it, I built a simple test rig so I wouldn’t need to be running back and forth to the garage all day.
All in all, I’m impressed with it.
What I would like to see different is to have the same circuity on a bigger board with more robust connections as I stripped out the switch screw trying to tighten it down on a piece of 12 gauge electrical wire
Central air conditioning unit went out a month ago and I can’t afford to fix or repair it.
Put a 5,000 BTU window unit in my office, but I don’t want it running all the time as I need to find a way to cut my utilities to the bone.
Heard about something called Home Assistant where I can control things like that, so I added two smart plugs that it can turn on and off.
And as soon as I can afford a wireless thermometer, it theoretically can turn on and off the window unit based on the temperature in the room.
It is running on a raspberry pi 4 with 8 GB RAM.
No monitor, keyboard, anything, which I find interesting.
Here is a screen shot.
Got out of the Navy on 19 Jan 82.
I was a radioman, and got interested in Amateur Radio on the midwatches when I had nothing but time to listen, and learn electronics using HeathKit.
Received my first license in the Portland Maine area where I was licensed as KA1JGK.
Operated for a brief bit in Odessa Texas as NNN0YGY as part of the Navy Mars group.
Other than that I haven’t had a operating station since then with all of the travelling I did from 1988 till 2003.
Still don’t have a operating station yet, but I have the start of one.
Got FLDIGI copying the internet teletype station today